Loyalsock Township M.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Loyalsock Township M.S.

This forum was created by Mr. Nathan Weaver for Mrs. Bomboy's 8th grade math class at Loyalsock Township Middle School.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrWeaver
Admin

Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2 Empty
PostSubject: Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2   Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Access the article "The History of the Lottery" by clicking here: http://www.lottobuster.com/articles/060307.html

Respond by clicking "post reply" above. Make sure you are first logged in under your own account.

Your response should include:

- Choose what you think is the most interesting event from either Ancient, Medieval, or Colonial Times (1st sentence).

- Choose what you think is the most interesting event from Early Modern Times (2nd sentence).

- Choose what you think is the most interesting event from Modern Times (3rd sentence).

- Write at least one sentence about how you feel about what you learned (4th sentence).

- There should be a total of at least four sentences.
Back to top Go down
https://ltms.forummotion.com
ltmsJRitter

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2   Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:38 pm

I think that from the Ancient Times that the most interesting thing would be that the Funds raised by lotteries were used for defense primarily to finance construction of the Great Wall of China. For the Early Modern Times the most interestinng event would be that all states except Louisiana prohibit lotteries either by statute or in their constitution. The most interesting event for Modern Times would be that the Olympic Lottery Corporation of Canada received its charter and began selling tickets to provide funding for the 1976 Olympics in Montreal. I think that I learned a couple things of how things were and how they used to be because things have changed a lot over the years and etc.

Back to top Go down
ltmsNKunze

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2   Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:46 pm

The most interesting event in the Medieval times would be in 1567: Queen Elizabeth I established the first English state lottery. Prizes included cash, plate, and tapestry, with 400,000 tickets offered for sale.

The most interesting event from the Early Modern Times is in 1726: The Netherlands formed what is now the oldest lottery still in operation.

Finally, The most interesting event from the Modern Times is in 1912: "Totalizator" was legalized, making racetracks the only legal betting place in Canada.

I think that all of this information is interesting. It is also exciting to learn about a different time or aera.
Back to top Go down
ltmsBMckinley

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2   Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:02 pm

What I think is the most intersting from the colonial times is Ben Franklin used lotteries to finance cannons for the Revolutionary war.

I think the most interesting event from Early Modern Times is 1790 to 1860: Twenty-four of the 33 states financed civic improvements such as courthouses, jails, hospitals, orphanages, and libraries through lotteries.

I think the most interesting thing from the Modern Times is 1912: "Totalizator" was legalized, making racetracks the only legal betting place in Canada.

I feel that I learned alot about the old days and also a few years ago about the lottery and people gambling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2   Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assignment for April 17 2008 - History of Gaming 2
Page 1 of 1