Loyalsock Township M.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Loyalsock Township M.S.

This forum was created by Mr. Nathan Weaver for Mrs. Bomboy's 8th grade math class at Loyalsock Township Middle School.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1

Go down 
+3
ltmsJRitter
ltmsAWilliams
MrWeaver
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MrWeaver
Admin

Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1 Empty
PostSubject: Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1   Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Access the website here: http://yementimes.com/article.shtml?i=1099&p=lastpage&a=1

Respond to the article by clicking "post reply" above.

In your response, answer the following questions:

Name one major difference between games in Yemeni culture and American culture (first sentence) and one major similarity (second sentence). In the third sentence, write what you think about these similarities and differences.

There should be a total of three sentences.

Please e-mail me with any difficulties or questions at nweaver@loyalsocklancers.org.
Back to top Go down
https://ltms.forummotion.com
ltmsAWilliams

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1   Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:01 pm

One differencs betwee Yemeni culture games an American culture games are in Yemeni there are boy games an there are girl games.In america there are no boy or girl games.One similarity is that in professional football there are no girls.What i think about the similaritys an differences is that i think that boys an girls should play togeter. bounce
Back to top Go down
ltmsJRitter

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1   Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:15 pm

I think that one difference between the two cultures is that the Yemeni children’s games could be divided into different types like gender, age, environment, the players’ culture. For the American culture it didn't really matter people and children just played the games thay they wanted to play. One similarity is that both cultures still play the same games from years ago. I think that the difference betweent them is kind of interesting because of how they do things to the American culture. I also think the the similarity is good because most people and children would enjoy looking back or playing new games from the years before or when just introduced to that game.
Back to top Go down
ltmsBMckinley

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1   Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:12 pm

One Difference is that the gender, and age is different yo play a game. One reason is because the boys games are more violent. The girls must not like the violents. One Simililarity is that they both play a game when they grow up.
Back to top Go down
ltmsDGinoble

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1   Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 pm

One major similarity is that the boys think that only they should play and not the girls. One major difference would be is that it seems like their entire childhood is based on this, especially for the boys proving they are men. So I think that Americans gample for luxury and not an actual need , while the Yemeni base it on what kind of man the boy will become. Surprised
Back to top Go down
MrsWaters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1   Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:56 pm

One major difference in there culture is that after the boys hit puberty there law says that they can not play with girls, when we can do anything or play with any one. a major similarty is that boy normaly don't play with girls.i think its normal. lol! woot
Back to top Go down
ltmsWDurand

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1   Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:16 pm

I think that us boys and their boys are the same. They like violent video games and we do too. We also like to show our awesome strength too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1   Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assignment for April 15 2008 - Games from other cultures 1
Page 1 of 1